Grupo RADAR is an independent company with more than 14 years of market research and public opinion experience in the Uruguayan market and in the rest of Latin America.
At the beginning we specialized in the retail area, mainly in retail audit. Our clients were companies such as Johnson & Johnson, Philip Morris, United Distillers (Diageo today) and Unilever.
We gradually diversified our specialization areas both regarding marketing research techniques and business sectors:
– We incorporated a qualitative research area using focus group techniques and in-depth interviews with own room equipped with Gesell camera.
– As of the electoral campaign before the 1999 national elections we developed a public opinion area and we have since then worked entirely independent and non-stop for political parties, TV channels, newspapers and weekly publications.
– We were pioneers in Uruguay in the use of panel samples for brand loyalty and also public opinion research. In 1999 we presented a paper called “Public opinion migrants, brand migrants. Demography and marketing using panel surveys” in the 5th ESOMAR Latin American Conference in Santiago de Chile.
– We were also pioneers in the development of market research applied to industrial products. Together with ORT University, we organized the 1st Industrial Marketing seminar when it was still a rare subject in our country.
– We have been systematically investigating the evolution of Internet in Uruguay since 2001 and our annual study “The Uruguayan web user” has become an inevitable reference for those who wish to know about our country reality regarding the internet.
In 2002 when searching for diversification alternatives to face the crisis in Uruguay, we developed our own call center which allowed us to offer our services to national companies and to colleagues abroad. Today we have 16 workstations with VoIP Telephony, CATI, call recording with remote access and call management software.
Today, Grupo Radar activity focuses on three major business units:
– Marketing research for private companies located in Uruguay.
– Marketing and public opinion research for state-owned companies and other Government bodies: Ministries, Municipalities, etc.
– Fieldwork for colleague companies abroad, both in the Uruguayan market and in the rest of Latin America. We have been providers for 4 of the 6 main international market research groups: TNS, GfK, Ipsos and Synovate.